Introduction to hydrogen economy
The course provides the student a general understanding about the hydrogen economy and its value chain. It covers the integration of hydrogen economy to power and energy systems, the role of hydrogen in energy and power markets, the basics of hydrogen production, storing and utilisation, as well as the role of derivatives of hydrogen.
- Power generation, transmission and use
- Power markets and power balance management
- Smart grids, sector coupling (power, heat, gas)
- Energy storage systems
- Hydrogen production: basic chemistry and technical solutions
- Hydrogen storages and material questions
- Hydrogen safety and legislation
- The use of hydrogen
- Derivatives of hydrogen
- Life cycle analysis of the hydrogen solutions
- Energy markets and global energy resources
- Energy politics, green transition and geopolitics
The course gives basic understanding of hydrogen economy and its value chain, which is one of the corner stones in decarbonisation of industrial activities and communities.
Handouts, slides and videos delivered in Moodle.
Tasks and small essays made independently in Moodle. The course has a flexible schedule – the last day to start the course is 29.2.2024.
More information in the Aalto University study guide.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
Hakua koskevat kysymykset
Fanny Qvickström, Opintoasioiden suunnittelija
LUE LISÄÄ JA HAE MUKAAN!https://fitech.io/fi/opinnot/introduction-to-hydrogen-economy/